Who You’ll Work With
DCSG focuses specifically on datacenter networking solutions. The product and solution portfolio includes high performance fixed and modular Nexus family of switches, orchestration, monitoring and data analytics software. The key products in the portfolio are Nexus 7000, 7700, MDS 9700, MDS 9200 and MDS 9300 datacenter switches, DCNM datacenter management solution and Cisco SAN analytics solutions.
You will have the opportunity to work closely with Customers, Product Marketing, Hardware and Software groups in defining and delivering the products.
Who You Are
Technical leader working on cutting edge technologies in a fast changing landscape of datacenter technologies and part of the BU having complete ownership of multiple products.
* At least 10 years of software development experience in embedded systems or system software space
* Hands on Linux Kernel development
* Datacenter networking experience and in-depth understanding of layer-2, layer-3 Forwarding and Fibre Channel technologies are strongly preferred
* Proficiency in programming in C/C++, development of algorithms using efficient data structures to come up with optimized code, debugging and troubleshooting under Linux environment.
* Knowledge of asic forwarding, Linux drivers and 3rdparty ASICs/network processors highly desired.
* Experience in embedded software development is required and any RTOS experience will be an added advantage
* Strong desire to work Open Source Technologies
* Experience working on Scalable, Distributed Architectures a plus
* Experience working on Network Switches desirable
* Strong written & verbal communication skills,
* Ability to multi-task and solve complex problems
* Ability to self-motivate with a strong desire to learn, and ability to be flexible
* Ability to drive a team towards results
* Proven track record of learning new technologies and features on own initiative
* A demonstrable passion for technology and software development
* Excellent mathematical or scientific qualifications, with a flair for applying scientific approach to problem solving
* Ability to work independently and with little supervision.
* Ability to translate high level requirements into specific features, develop functional and design specifications
* Flexibility in a fast paced, ever-changing, deadline-driven environment