· Work as a senior developer who leads design and development of new features on the web security product line.
· Passionate about being a hands-on developer and enjoys developing features with high quality.
· Work closely with a team of Product Managers, Technical Leads, Architects, Customer Support to understand the real customer problem and come up with the right solution to solve the customer needs.
· Work in Agile cross-functional scrum team and deliver user stories at a high feature velocity.
· Collaborate with other developers and test engineers on the design, development and testing of the features.
· Extend capabilities in existing systems to cater to new security threats.
· Create complete component designs and deliver efficient implementations in a time-bound manner.
– 8+ years of experience in software design and development for security products
* Strong experience in C and/or Python.
* Strong networking and L7 (HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP etc) protocol knowledge
* Experience in developing features related protocol inspection engines, header parsing, buffer management in a Unix environment
* Experience in message passing, inter-process communication, event handling, configuration and logging
* Experience in Unix/Linux/FreeBSD based environments
* Experience in unit test methodologies and agile working environment
* Experience working with geographically distributed teams
* Experience mentoring and guiding junior engineers
Highly desired skills
* Prior experience in web proxy, web servers, high performance logging
* Working knowledge of authentication schemes like LDAP/AD, Kerberos, RADIUS
* Understanding of the latest web protocol trends like SPDY, MTCP
* Strong network programming, with focus on TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS protocols
* Strong debugging and system skills
* Multi-threading and multi-processing concepts