Website Jet2 Travel Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
We, at Jet2 (UK’s third largest airlines and the second largest tour operator), are setting up a state of the art Technology and Innovation Centre in Pune, India.
We are looking for a senior developer with outstanding technical abilities to help us make this new development stream a resounding success.
You’ll be in very hands-on role, developing as part of an expert team of .NET Developers and testers.
* You will be responsible for the delivery of user stories, meeting your own goals and supporting your team members in meeting the team’s commitments.
* You will take pride in the quality of your code, writing and peer reviewing clean, maintainable code that you’ll be proud to support in future.
* You will share skills and techniques, helping drive quality improvements across the team.
* You will work closely with your on and offsite colleagues, asking the right questions and ensuring that we build the right functionality from the start.
* You will take pride in mentoring junior colleagues, growing their knowledge and helping them to build their careers.
* You will demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills to discuss complex solutions to both a technical and non-technical multinational audience.
* You will analyse business/functional requirements to create accurate technical specifications and provide inputs into the technical design process.
* You will actively participate in agile activities, championing continuous improvement and promoting the agile way of working.
* Programming: You have a deep understanding of development in the MS tech stack including C#, .NET 4.0+, ASP.NET, MVC, Web API.
* SQL Server. You write efficient queries and debug effectively. You understand how changes can be deployed without risk.
* Agile / scrum. You embrace change, minimise risks and deliver useful software frequently. You work in a fast-moving agile environment with minimum supervision.
* Test Driven Development. You perform TDD effectively and efficiently. You know at least one IoC container inside-out and can share your skills with junior team members.
* System design. You understand the subtleties involved in design decisions and their effect on the big picture.
* Code Quality. You write high quality code and promote quality in your team.
Qualifications & Experience
* Bachelor/Master’s degree in computer/Information Technology Engineering from reputed institute
* 5+ Years hands on experience in .Net/C#/Microsoft stack development
* .Net/C# certification from reputed institute is desirable.
Role Software Developer
Industry Type IT-Software / Software Services
Functional Area IT Software – Application Programming, Maintenance
Employment Type Full Time, Permanent
Role Category Programming & Design
UG :Any Graduate in Any Specialization
PG :Any Postgraduate in Any Specialization, Post Graduation Not Required
Doctorate :Doctorate Not Required, Any Doctorate in Any Specialization
Jet2 Travel Technologies Private Limited (J2TT) provides Information Technology (IT) services to Jet2.com and Jet2Holidays. J2TT works alongside the existing UK-based IT teams.
Technology underpins all the success at Jet2.com and Jet2holidays, whether it’s the mobile apps, mobile site and desktop ecommerce platform that handles over Â£1.2billion of Revenue, or innovative BI solutions that provides real time insights across the entire business.
J2TT develops and maintains business critical applications for Jet2. J2TT’s sole objective is provide IT solutions that assist Jet2.com and Jet2Holidays in it’s strategy to deliver an innovative and industry leading products with scale, experience, competitiveness and a customer focused approach.
Dataction Analytics Pvt Ltd. has set-up J2TT as the Virtual Captive Center for Jet2.com and Jet2Holidays. J2TT’s board of directors includes representatives from Dataction and Jet2.com and Jet2Holidays to ensure that global vision meets local execution to deliver success.
J2TT is primarily involved in:
# Building websites and apps that enhance Jet2.com and Jet2 Holidays’â customer experience
# Building business intelligence ecosystem that provides tangible solutions to a wide range of business challenges
# Building business applications that drive efficiencies and productivity
# Building technology platforms that are nimble to respond to rapidly changing business environment
# Building revenue and margin optimization applications for tangible business impact
# Ideate and build new solutions that provide a competitive edge
The teams work using an Agile methodology(SCRUM) to deliver two eCommerce platforms, a Business Intelligence platform and wide variety of internal business applications. Each team is a mixture of Product Owners, Developers, Testers, Database Administrators and Support Analysts who work alongside business users in regular sprints.