Are you looking for an opportunity to develop a platform that will have an impact on preventing illness, disability, and death caused by infectious diseases domestically and internationally? Solid platform development is a critical part of any program’s success and you know how to do it right – scalable design with baked in security. That’s why we need you, a developer with the skills to build a platform that will transform the IT portfolio of a Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) client.
As a platform developer on our team, you’ll design and develop, test, and deploy surveys through Automatic Survey Invitations (ASIs), longitudinal, repeated events, and REDCap surveys. You’ll work with customers and end-users to understand their mission, current architecture, and security requirements. With a focus on the customer’s goals, you’ll work with the team to build a design that will scale to meet their evolving needs. You’ll contribute to tool and capability recommendations based on your research of the current environment and new technology. You’ll grow your development skills as you learn to craft an architecture that smoothly works with existing infrastructure without compromising security. We focus on growing as a team to deliver the best support to our customers, so you’ll have resources for mentoring and learning new skills and tools. This is a chance to use your OS knowledge while developing skills in programming complex routing/skip patterns, and validation procedures, coordinating all technical and some methodological considerations associated with various data collection and survey research activities, especially those that are implemented via the world-wide web, evaluating and implementing new survey tools, as requested, identifying the pros and cons of various sampling methodologies and assisting with the selection of appropriate sampling methodology for public health statistical surveillance, identifying pros and cons of different methods for acquiring data for epidemiological investigations, and applying survey methodology, survey sampling, and human computer interaction (HCI) best practices. Join us as we develop software based solutions to make a difference in public health.
Empower change with us.
Build Your Career:
A challenging and dynamic work environment isn’t all we have to offer. When you join Booz Allen, you can expect:
- access to experts in virtually every field
- a culture that focuses on supporting our employees
- opportunities that provide stability while offering variety
You’ll also be exposed to a wealth of training resources through our Digital University, an online learning portal featuring more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications? Take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site bootcamps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want, as you chart your own course for success.
- 8+ years of experience in a public health informatics, computer science, business analysis, or quality control field
- Experience with a commercial integration engine product, including Cloverleaf or Rhapsody
- Experience with Health Level 7 (HL7) analysis, development, troubleshooting, and maintenance
- Experience with SQL in a Microsoft or Oracle environment and the testing life cycle, including accessioning, resulting, and report compare
- Experience with distributed version control systems and branch strategies, including Git + Gitflow
- Knowledge of HL7 Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) standards, emerging system integration technologies, analysis, design, programming, training, and implementation planning
- Knowledge of standard coding for health information exchange, including LOINC, SNOMED, and ICD-9
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- BA or BS degree
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with SAML/OAuth implementations
- Experience with React + Redux preferred
- Ability to initiate joint design and development efforts and collaborate with stakeholders to review business, technical and data requirements, and ensure data accuracy and quality
- Ability to communicate and provide written content effectively
- Ability to manage projects with little or no supervision
- BS degree in Public Health Informatics or CS preferred; MS degree in Public Health Informatics or CS a plus
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.