The purpose of the below plugins is to optimize and increase server performance by reducing server loads on a Linux based WHM/cPanel Server. This helps in speeding up the websites that are hosted on a cPanel server.
1. LiteSpeed: LiteSpeed Web Server (LSWS) is compatible with commonly used Apache features including mod_rewrite, .htaccess, and mod_security.
LSWS can load Apache configuration files directly.
Fully integrates with popular control panels, like cPanel, Plesk, DirectAdmin and more.
Switching from Apache to LSWS takes less than 15 minutes with zero downtime.
For WordPress application, LiteSpeed provides LSCache plugin that includes built-in PageSpeed optimization, image optimization service, critical CSS generation service, third-party CDN integration and more.
They have both paid versions and opensource. See the List of products that are offered by LiteSpeed.
2. NGINX: NGINX is open-source software for web serving, reverse proxying, caching, load balancing, media streaming, and more. It started out as a web server designed for maximum performance and stability. In addition to its HTTP server capabilities, NGINX can also function as a proxy server for email (IMAP, POP3, and SMTP) and a reverse proxy and load balancer for HTTP, TCP, and UDP servers. NGINX accelerates content and application delivery, improves security, facilitates availability and scalability.
NGINX Plus: NGINX Plus is a software load balancer, web server, and content cache built on top of open source NGINX. NGINX Plus has exclusive enterprise‑grade features beyond what’s available in the open source offering, including session persistence, configuration via API, and active health checks. Use NGINX Plus instead of your hardware load balancer and get the freedom to innovate without being constrained by infrastructure. See the List of products that are offered by NGINX.
How to install and configure NGINX (Open Source) in WHM / cPanel Servers:
1. You can install NGINX using Easy Apache 4 in WHM. See How to install NGINX in WHM.
2. You can use the following plugins to install NGINX to your cPanel / WHM server.
CPNGINX: Cpnginx has a user-friendly server administration interface and a command-line utility called nginxctl. Cpnginx is a fully automated software. It will auto manage the NGINX web server during the account creations or domain creation/deletion time. Plugin pricing starts from $5/month.
Engintron: Engintron is the easiest way to integrate Nginx on your cPanel/WHM server. Engintron will improve the performance & web serving capacity of your server while reducing CPU/RAM load at the same time. It does that by installing & configuring the popular Nginx webserver to act as a reverse caching proxy for static files (like CSS, JS, images, etc.) with an additional micro-cache layer to significantly improve performance for dynamic content generated by CMSs like WordPress, Joomla or Drupal as well as forum software like vBulletin, phpBB, SMF, IPB or e-commerce solutions like Magento, OpenCart, PrestaShop and others. Engintron is absolutely free.
3. Varnish: Varnish Cache is a web application accelerator also known as a caching HTTP reverse proxy. You install it in front of any server that speaks HTTP and configures it to cache the contents. Varnish Cache is really, really fast. It typically speeds up delivery with a factor of 300 – 1000x, depending on your architecture. A high-level overview of what Varnish does can be seen in the video attached to this web page.
You can use the following plugins to install and configure Varnish Cache.
xVarnish: xVarnish brings you all of your favorite features from the traditional Varnish caching software that you love with an arsenal of new, handy features. Management and configuration of the software is performed primarily through WHM plugin. An end-user cPanel plugin is under development for more granular control over Varnish Cache for websites. The xvctl utility is also available on the command line. To install xVarnish see the installation guide. For now, this is Free of cost. Note: xVarnish does not support PHP7 and above.
Varnish Software: Varnish Software’s content delivery solutions are all built on top of Varnish, a uniquely powerful caching technology. Many of the world’s biggest and most popular brands rely on Varnish for delivering their digital content at optimal speed and scalability. Using Varnish solutions you can take back control of how, when, where and to whom you deliver your digital content while reducing traffic load on the backend. Pricing starts at $12K/ month.
The following two plugins combine both NGNIX and Varnish:
1. UNIXY: The cPanel Varnish Nginx Plugin is UNIXy’s flagship plugin that integrates Varnish and Nginx with your cPanel WHM server to boost Website performance. Pricing starts at $10/month.
2. ApacheBooster: Apachebooster, An advanced cPanel plugin, tailored to improve the gross server performance of Apache Software. Blended with Nginx and Varnish, Apachebooster helps in improving the website loading speed and the processing speed of the server by speed optimization techniques. Apachebooster extends the best solution to a low performing server. Pricing starts at $3.6/month.
Blog Source: Best Web Hosting Community
Recommend0 recommendationsPublished in