Difference between shared hosting and dedicated server hosting?
Dedicated Server Hosting
- In the shared hosting plan provided by the hosting provider, there will be about 300-500 websites hosted on a single dedicated server.
- Good for small websites.
- Low-cost hosting type.
- Server Resources are shared amongst all websites sharing on the same server. Server resources mean memory/RAM availability, hard disk (both performance and disk space), CPU processing power, and bandwidth/throughput.
- A single server is provided to you with full control.
- Higher performance, security, and reliability.
- Good for large web applications, and high traffic websites.
- In the dedicated server hosting you control and utilize all the resources of the server.